« CRITICAL UPDATE to LinkedIn Cheater's Guide (05-Aug-2005) | Sacred Cow Dung Home | LinkedIn CheatSheet #1: How to make your name visible beyond your 3rd Degree »
August 12, 2005
CONTROVERSY OF THE WEEK -- Does Size Really Matter? Google vs Yahoo
An interesting thread on the relevance of search engine size vis a vis Yahoo vs Google which John Battelle is insightfully “refereeing” on his excellent SearchBlog. I recommend reading these posts in chronologic order — but you can also cut to the chase if you read in reverse chronologic order (as I generally do).
- Yahoo! Search blog: Our Blog is Growing Up And So Has Our Index
- John Battelle's Searchblog: How Many Pages Does Yahoo Index?
- John Battelle's Searchblog: In This Battle, Size Does Matter: Google Responds to Yahoo Index Claims
- John Battelle's Searchblog: More On Yahoo, Google, Index, Size
John Battelle’s Searchblog is also MY FIND OF THE WEEK —
(not that he needed to be found — his site is a top trafficked site — it was just new to me.)
Also, in the course of this debate, John also provides us with THE RULE OF THE WEEK —
"No one ever got rich overestimating the public's taste for nuance."
BTW, I have a follow-on to this post: Sacred Cow Dung: Isn't Smaller Just Better? More on this Stupid "Search Engine Index Size" Debate
- aTypical Joe: A gay New Yorker living in the rural south.: Size matters
- More on the Total Database Size Battle and Googlewhacking With Yahoo
- Guillaume's Tech Blog: Google confused by Yahoo!
- Spare us the details
- Preoccupations: Yahoo's search figures
- www.eirikso.com » Blog Archive » The increase of pages indexed by Yahoo shows on Trendmapper?
- Boing Boing: Google responds to Yahoo's search index claims
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)